My photo
As a young girl, my dream was to become a fashion designer. I would sit for hours and sketch amateur couture designs on a notepad. Not to mention, I drove my older sisters bananas every morning as we dressed for school, because I would change my outfit a thousand times. My love for style was apparent then, and it's only grown over the years. Everyday, I find myself answering some sort of fashion question... from friends to colleagues, even relatives call me up from time to time. So, I decided to write a blog in an effort to answer all those questions and perhaps lend some advice to help others keep up with the ever changing world of fashion.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

What's the Big Deal?

Everyone loves a bargin, right? But, just because its on sale... doesn't mean its a good deal.
So how do you find the real bargins? I'm glad you asked! After working for years as a merchandiser, I learned the saying is true... "good things come to those who wait."
Everything goes on sale sooner or later... just keep checking your favorite stores.
On the other hand, department stores tend to have really good sales throughout the year, and particularly at the beginning of a new season. And its not what you're probably thinking... buying winter clothes in the summer and spring items in the fall. For example, you can find some pretty great deals in February... when folks are tapped out from Christmas and stores need the floor space for new Spring merchandise. And guess what? The clothes on sale... that's right, you got it, are winter clothes. And where I live, it's still cold in February.

Also, remember to shop smart! Don't buy it just because its on sale; 3 or 4 good buys can turn into a pretty expensive shopping trip, if you're trying to watch your pennies.

Another great tool is the internet! Hallelujah, for technology. If you're looking for a specific item... browse for that item on the web first. There are several websites that specialize in bargins like: http://www.shopittome.com/
Hope this helps. Love Yourself :-)
BellaMae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive